The purpose of the meeting is to present the clubs annual reports/accounts for last year, consult with the members on how the club is developing and elect representatives to serve on the committee. This meeting can be very busy so, only items on the agenda can be discussed.
The committee have proposed a slight raise in subscriptions to ensure we can continue to provide good facilities.
Junior from £30 to £33
Senior from £60 to £66
Family from £90 to £99
If people want to pay before April at the old rate they can have 12 months added to their membership.
The Committee may have vacant roles and would particularly like members to consider whether they could volunteer to take on a position on the Committee. This can only happen if people are nominated so please consider standing for the Committee.
The General Meeting will be in accordance with the club rules and please note the following:
- Nominations and/or motions should be submitted in writing to the Secretary or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and received by the 27th January 2018;
- Nominations and /or motions should be proposed and seconded and signed by at least 4 members entitled to vote;
- Nomination sheets will be displayed at the boathouse for 7 days prior to the voting papers being sent out;
- The nominees should sign it indicating their acceptance and undertaking to abide by the constitution;
- No member should accept more than one titled Executive Committee position nomination, but may also be nominated for general committee.
The articles of association and rules are on the clubs website, if you want more information.
The club provides basic insurance for activities undertaken as part of our published programme. However, members are reminded that more comprehensive protection can be obtained by joining the relevant national governing body; you are advised to consider this further. Please contact the NGB or your section leader for more information.
If you want any more information please contact me or telephone the club office on 01709 878984.
Secretary Manvers Waterfront Boat Club