This means that anyone driving to or from the lake has to go via Bolton-on-Dearne. Unfortunately the rain that has fallen this afternoon has caused the road to flood again, and if the rain continues as forecast into the evening there is every chance the flooded road will become impassable. Basically there will be no way to get to the Boathouse by car.
A pump is supposed to be arriving tomorrow to prevent flooding until the drain is unblocked.
We have therefore reluctantly decided to cancel tonight's Paddlesport Session, Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience. Further updates on the road situation will be posted on the various club facebook pages.